Jill Lawrence, PT, DPT, TPS
Dr. Jill Lawrence holds a clinical doctorate in physical therapy. She received her Master's of Physical Therapy degree from Des Moines University with an osteopathic background in 1997. Jill joined MSSR in 2003 after working in Wisconsin where she received extensive advanced manual therapy training through the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy. Jill serves as a clinical spine specialist for Therapy Partners and MSSR.
In addition, Jill holds a Certificate of Achievement in Pelvic Physical Therapy from the American Physical Therapy Association. Jill has developed and led MSSR's Women's Health program and specializes in serving women with pelvic pain, incontinence, SI dysfunctions, along with providing skilled therapy for pre and postpartum patients, post abdominal surgeries and other conditions affecting women.
In 2016 she earned a certification as a Therapeutic Pain Specialist with the International Spine and Pain Institute (ISPI). Jill creates individual care plans for chronic/persistent pain patients with the use of manual care, exercise and education directed at specific strategies to decreasing the sensitive nervous system.
Most recently Jill completed her Doctorate of Physical Therapy with Evidence in Motion Institute of Health Professions.
Jill is a member of the Women's Health section of the American Physical Therapy Association, has served as a lab assistant in women's health continuing education courses and holds special interest in yoga as an intervention tool in physical therapy.
Interested in scheduling an appointment with Jill? >Click here to schedule an appointment.
Do you have a question for Jill? Send her an email at Jlawrence@Therapypartners.com
- "Jill, I wanted to sincerely thank you for everything you did to help me be more comfortable during my pregnancy. I couldn't imagine getting through it without your helpful tips, exercises, SI belt, tissue massage, etc. It is so clear that you are passionate about what you do and the time you take with patients shows you care about each one of them which is, sadly, hard to find these days! Any opportunity I have I tell people of the great experience I had with Minnesota Sport & Spine!"
- "Jill, I am a firm believer that we don't thank people enough for what they do. So I wanted to take the time to thank you for the excellent care and concern you have given me over the years. I have appreciated and felt so confident in your care. You have helped me feel I can grow older and still move!!"
- "Jill rocks! She is incredibly knowledgeable in women's health. She is so supportive, patient, and adapts to individual needs. She also never short changes my time even if she is backed up. Jill is my lifeline to sanity!"
- "Jill took the time to listen to me and to explain things. Not only is she friendly and helpful, this is the first time I feel like PT has worked and I feel the best I have since 2008!"
- "My high school son was treated by Jill over the spring/summer. Upon successful completion of the treatment, she still conducted phone follow-ups to ensure everything was still good. She also worked us into her schedule for a consultation in an unexpected situation. We appreciate the level of service we received from Jill at MSSR!"
- "Jill was so interested on a personal level about how my football season went, plans for next year, and really worked hard to find the muscle imbalance I had. She made my trips there stress free and easy and even wants to hear about my plans for playing college football next year! I'd definitely recommend Minnesota Sport and Spine to a friend!"